Some (or many) of you’ve heard about Pinterest, a picture based social networking site that ”lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web” according to its self definition. The library didn’t join, but the librarian did. One of my “boards” (aka category of posted pictures) there is on the “World of Jewish Books.” I post there 5-10 pictures/links a week, mostly on new books that come to my attention. Nowadays I don’t have as much time to write or even read as I would like to, but this is a good way of keep some track of books (and anything book related) that interest me. Here are some of my latest entry from there:
- An introduction to the life and work of David Vogel, author of Viennese Romance, and how it relates to the creation of Modern Hebrew Literature – Tablet Magazine.
- Announcing a new publisher of Jewish Books, Mosaica Press, aiming “to uplift, explain and inspire – without negativity.” (See logo on the right)
- On Kar-Ben, a great publisher of Children books, opening its eBookstore, with over 170 of its Jewish interest eBooks available across age levels and topic.
- Sharing the news about The Poetry of Kabbalah: Mystical Verse from the Jewish Tradition, a new book, edited by Peter Cole
- Linking to the crowdfunding efforts of Penny Wolin, a local artist, to raise money so she could publish her book on American Photographers of Jewish Ancestry.